WeatherBug Elite App for iPad Now Available on App Store
- April 2, 2010 - WeatherBug®, a leading provider of consumer and professional weather services and operator of the largest weather observing network, today announced its WeatherBug Elite App
for iPad is now available on the App Store
"We are excited to bring detailed weather information to iPad users. Advancements in our display options, interactivity and location intelligence enable users to have immediate access to their preferred weather information with a simple tap on the beautiful iPad screen," said Chris Sloop, Chief Technology Officer for WeatherBug.
The WeatherBug Elite App was designed specifically for the iPad and provides a unique user experience with features that include the following:
- At-A-Glance Information – the new widget panel design enables users to immediately access their preferred weather information and views
- Location-Enabled Intelligence – the "Find Me" option automatically adjusts the location and default maps based on the user’s current location for quick and seamless access to local conditions and alerts
- Unlimited Locations – users can define as many locations as desired for unlimited weather information worldwide
- Detailed Visualization – a large map area provides several contoured weather overlay options (including satellite, radar, humidity, pressure, wind speed, and forecast hi/low) to display current conditions and approaching systems
- High Resolution Video – fully utilizes the iPad display for viewing daily WeatherBug National Outlook forecasts and news
- Camera Images – provide current conditions views and time-lapse images from 15 locations within a 100 mile radius of the user’s location
WeatherBug Elite is offered free for a limited time to early buyers of the iPad and is available through the App Store or at www.itunes.com/appstore/ (search WeatherBug).
WeatherBug mobile apps access information from the WeatherBug Network, the largest proprietary network of professional weather stations in North America and includes information from over 45,000 locations worldwide. The weather information is monitored and distributed in real-time through the network and into the apps within seconds.
WeatherBug (http://www.weatherbug.com and http://www.weatherbugprofessional.com) precisely monitors, organizes and disseminates global weather information. As a trusted source for live, local dynamic data, WeatherBug empowers society with weather intelligence for making more informed decisions. Millions of consumers and professional organizations, including the National Weather Service, rely on WeatherBug to plan daily activities, safeguard lives and improve business operations. WeatherBug is a brand of AWS Convergence Technologies, Inc. (http://www.aws.com)