Earth Networks to Host 7th Annual Energy Weather Seminar – Winter Outlook 2012-2013
Germantown, MD – September 13, 2012 – From late June’s derecho that caused millions on the East Coast to lose power to a summer of heat waves and record-setting temperatures, North American power supply demand continues to increase. With the record highs of summer behind us, what does the upcoming winter season hold for energy markets across the northern hemisphere?
To explore the topic and help energy traders, energy meteorologists and utilities professionals prepare for the months ahead, Earth NetworksSM, the owner of WeatherBug® and operator of the largest weather, lightning detection and climate observation networks, is hosting the seventh annual Earth Networks Energy Weather Seminar - Winter Outlook 2012-2013. The event will be held in conjunction with CME Group, Radiometrics, EarthRisk Technologies and Energy Drinks.
The annual forum is conducted for professionals in the energy trading community and utilities markets to hear experts discuss industry news, emerging technology, and the impact of upcoming winter weather on global energy markets. Experts and researchers will present materials and lead an interactive dialogue during a panel discussion on the upcoming seasonal forecast and the potential industry effects.
WHAT: Earth Networks 7th Annual Energy Weather Seminar - Winter Outlook 2012-2013.
WHEN: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 2-6 p.m. Reception to immediately follow.
WHERE: The Roosevelt Hotel, 45 East 45th Street, New York, NY 10017
TO REGISTER: Visit http://www.earthnetworks.com/ews2012 to sign up. There is no cost to attend.
Session Highlights Include:
- Derecho 2012: Microwave Profiles of the Windstorm That Caused Mass Power Outages - Presented by: Marta Nelson, Meteorologist, Radiometrics Corporation
- Wind Energy Integration - Forecasting, Challenges & Solutions - Presented by: Keith Parks, Director of Energy, Global Weather Corporation
- Space Weather: Why Energy Traders and Utilities Should Care - Presented by: Joseph Kunches, Space Scientist, NOAA
- Weather Forecasting Using Weather Futures - Presented by: Ben Smith, President, First Enercast Financial
- New Development in Weather Guidance : A Hybrid of Big Data, Statistics and Numerical Models - Presented by: David Margolin, Director of Meteorology, EarthRisk Technologies
- Riding Out the Storm - How Weather Impacts Natural Gas Markets - Presented by: Logan Reese, Team Lead, Quantitative Analysis, BENTEK Energy
- Winter 2012-13 Seasonal Forecast Panel - Participants Include: Matt Rogers, President, Commodity Weather Group; James Aman, Senior Meteorologist, Earth Networks; and Violeta Toma, Research Scientist, Climate Forecast Applications Network.
HOW: Reporters covering energy and commodities are invited to attend and may also schedule one-on-one interviews with an Earth Networks - WeatherBug meteorologist. To RSVP or schedule an interview, please contact Rachel Hunt (301) 250-4046, email@example.com.
About Earth NetworksSM
As a provider of comprehensive atmospheric data for nearly 20 years, Earth Networks is Taking the Pulse of the Planet with the world’s largest weather observation, lightning detection, and greenhouse gas monitoring networks and is establishing a network for collecting data within the planetary boundary layer. The company’s popular WeatherBug website, desktop application and mobile apps for major smartphone platforms provide real-time neighborhood-level weather and advanced severe weather alerts to millions of consumers. Enterprise solutions from Earth Networks enable organizations and markets, including energy and utilities, agriculture, schools, sports and recreation, emergency operations and government entities, to safeguard lives, prepare for weather and climate events and improve business operations. Founded in 1993, Earth Networks (www.earthnetworks.com) is headquartered in the Washington, D.C. area with additional locations in Mountain View, Calif.; New York, NY; Milan, Italy and a local presence in 50 countries worldwide.