A Network of Weather & Climate Networks For Precise, Hyper-local, Live Intelligence
Earth Networks provides sophisticated infrastructures and systems for the deployment, integration and operation of mesoscale weather and environmental monitoring networks. A mesonet is a network of automated weather stations designed to observe meteorological phenomena within scales ranging from a few to several hundred kilometers.
Multiple environmental sensing networks and data sources are synchronized in real-time to establish a ‘network of networks’ that serves a variety of applications and needs.
Across industries and public safety organizations, Earth Networks Mesonet Solutions are used to provide critical hyper-local intelligence to observe, inform and alert:
- Advanced Dangerous Storm Alerts
- Visualization and Decision-Support Tools
- Current and Historical information
- Data APIs for Integration with Existing Systems
- Mobile Access and Web Services
- Complete Customized and Localized Applications
Our mesonet solutions are customized to meet the data quality and security needs of our customers. Earth Networks performs multiple quality control checks on weather data flowing through the mesonet and prior to transmission to applications and databases. The mesonet solution is offered in a variety of business models for optimal data control, reduced TCO and time to market.
Earth Networks employs a three-phased approach to deliver a custom mesonet solution:
- Planning and Analysis: Review of data requirements and current environment; layout design and hardware recommendations; ongoing maintenance and operations plans. Our solution is sensor-agnostic.
- Deployment: Hardware installation and sensor calibrations performed; data quality assurance process implemented
- Maintenance and Support: Continual data quality monitoring, gap filling data and 24x7 technical support