Earth Networks Announces Launch of Sferic Connect
- Jun 12, 2019
New situational awareness and alerting app helps organizations initiate and comply with weather safety policies
Germantown, MD – Weather safety leader Earth Networks today announced the launch of Sferic Connect, a new mobile application and hub designed to deliver critical weather information and alerts to distributed employees across an organization or enterprise. Now state and local governments, school districts, hospitals, police, fire and first responders can access pinpoint weather conditions and important notifications at-a-glance from a single point of distribution, ensuring employees have standardized, reliable information that’s relevant to their exact needs and location. Sferic Connect is an integral part of a comprehensive, real-time weather monitoring and alerting solution, which is a must-have for every safety-minded business or organization.
For large businesses and institutions, communicating and acting upon dangerous weather conditions can be a challenge. Employees may be working in remote locations, across time zones, in a variety of environments with different stakeholders. With Sferic Connect, a central administrator chooses the weather information that matters to their agency, selects alert groups and configures custom weather warnings and notices that are delivered directly to the employees’ mobile devices via push alerts. The result is total compliance with organizational policies and one standard source of truth for an organization’s weather information and protocols.
“We are thrilled to introduce Sferic Connect as a direct response to our customers’ request for full control over their organization’s weather information,” said Anuj Agrawal, Chief Marketing Officer at Earth Networks. “No more staff opting out, checking free weather apps not licensed for commercial use, or using their own judgement to make critical decisions. Sferic Connect gives everyone the same clear information, alerts, and call-to-action in an easy-to-use app, so operations staff can be sure their organization is ready for any kind of severe weather event.”
Sferic Connect is customizable for your organization and features:
- Push Alerts for Weather and Lightning – Choose what, how, and when to notify offsite stakeholders of custom weather parameters and thresholds.
- Total Lightning Detection– Over 1,700 sensors in 100 countries around the world monitor both in-cloud and cloud-to-ground lightning, enabling the most comprehensive network with faster localized alerting capabilities.
- Real-time Conditions – View temperature, feels like, wind speed and direction, dew point, UV index and more, for your exact location.
- Hyperlocal Forecasts– Check the hourly and 7-day forecast for your location, directly from the app.
- Storm-Tracking and Lightning Map– View live radar and lightning on a contextual map and know when storms are approaching.
To learn more or request information about Sferic Connect contact Earth Networks.
About Earth Networks
Earth Networks helps organizations mitigate financial, operational and human risk by providing environmental intelligence from the world’s largest hyperlocal weather network. Schools, airports, sports teams, utilities and government agencies rely on our early warning solutions to safeguard lives, prepare for weather events and optimize operations. Companies across all industries use our weather data to automate decisions regarding risk management, business continuity, and asset protection.