Earth Networks Announces Sferic Protect Integrated Subscription Service
- Jan 29, 2018
New turnkey solution includes multi-dimensional severe weather alerting, real-time observations and storm tracking visualization
January 29, 2018, Germantown, Md. – Earth Networks, a global provider of hyperlocal weather intelligence today announced the creation of a new integrated service to better serve customers and partners making operational weather-related decisions. Sferic Protect combines the best of Earth Networks’ advanced lightning detection and alerting, onsite real-time weather observations, visualization tools and 24/7 meteorological event support.
Sferic Protect is a subscription-based weather intelligence solution with an advanced suite of weather management tools for emergency managers, business continuity professionals, operations directors, parks and recreation staff and others tasked with the daily management of weather concerns. It includes an onsite weather station, automated visual and audio outdoor notification system based on lightning detection, comprehensive storm visualization tools Sferic Maps and Mobile, custom severe weather alerting, plus meteorological support from Earth Networks’ staff of expert forecasters.
“Our new groundbreaking weather intelligence solution brings unique value and flexibility to our customers,” said Rich Spaulding, CEO at Earth Networks. “We’ve made it easy for organizations and enterprises to take advantage of severe weather protection and alerting, onsite observations and round-the-clock access to professional meteorologists—all in one convenient and economical annual package without the need to purchase physical sensors.”
Sferic Protect subscribers can take advantage of these benefits:
- Real-time Storm Tracking – a web-based weather visualization, alerting and mapping tool, with companion mobile app for iOS and Android.
- Automated High-Decibel Outdoor Audible Alerts – onsite lightning detection powered by Earth Networks Total Lightning Network.
- Customized Mobile Alerts – user-configurable based on specific locations and weather conditions of interest.
- Localized Weather Portal – a shareable online weather page customized with company logo, reporting live and hourly forecast conditions to communities.
- 24/7 Access to Meteorologists for Events – professional custom forecasting by Earth Networks’ team of skilled meteorologists to help organizations with event management.
- Public Weather Display – a bright, easy-to-read 21” HD monitor reporting current and forecast conditions directly from an onsite weather station.
- Professional-Grade Weather Sensors – Earth Networks owned and operated onsite weather sensors measuring up-to-the-second current conditions such as temperature, humidity, wind speed, rainfall and more.
- No-Hassle Maintenance – sensors and outdoor alerting equipment managed by Earth Networks’ nationwide field technician network with all packages including professional installation, configuration and regular maintenance.
Additional options are available. Current Earth Networks customers can upgrade their service to the new integrated offer. For more information about Sferic Protect visit Earth Networks.
About Earth Networks
Earth Networks helps organizations mitigate financial, operational and human risk by providing environmental intelligence from the world’s largest hyperlocal weather network. Schools, airports, sports teams, utilities and government agencies rely on our early warning solutions to safeguard lives, prepare for weather events and optimize operations. Companies across all industries use our weather data to automate decisions regarding risk management, business continuity, and asset protection.